is an analytics platform for mobile and web apps that collects and loads your
user tracking analytics data into an Amazon Redshift SQL database. In addition
to this raw data access, Amplitude provides in-depth dashboards including
funnels, retention, and behavior-based cohorting. You can easily hook your
Amplitude database up to Mode for SQL queries and data exploration.
Here’s why Amplitude is a great option for tracking your user data:
- Amplitude takes care of data warehousing for you–it collects, cleans, and
loads your data into an Amazon Redshift SQL database.
- Out-of-the-box tools like
behavior-based cohorting help you discover the user actions that lead to your app’s growth.
- You can send data via
- Mode provides out-of-the-box reports that help you start exploring your
Amplitude data. Check out the
Mode’s integration with Amplitude is fully supported by us and Amplitude.
Connecting to Amplitude
Once you have an Enterprise-level account with Amplitude, your Customer Success
Manager will provide you with your Redshift credentials for logging into your
database. If you need your credentials, you can email
- Log in to Mode and follow the steps to connect a database with Direct Connect.
- Select Amplitude from the list of databases.
- Enter your Amplitude credentials and click Connect. You’ll land on a page that displays your database schema.
- Click “New Query” in the top navigation to start writing queries!
Take your Amplitude data to the next level
A great place to start exploring Amplitude is with their
And if you’re looking for a few pre-built reports to layer on top of your data
to explore user behavior and churn, check out the
Questions about getting up and running with Amplitude? Feel free to contact
Last Updated March 8, 2016