Build powerful visualizations from queries with Mode’s built-in chart system. Drag and drop fields to perform instant aggregations and generate impactful charts.
- In the Query Editor, click on the green plus to open the dropdown and select Add Chart.
- Select the desired chart type from the chart settings dropdown menu in the chart builder panel.
- Drag a Dimension or Measure into the X-Axis or Y-Axis drop zone. If needed, add multiple Measures in the Y-Axis drop zone.
- Right click on a Measure change the aggregation type (Count, Sum, Average, etc.). Measures in the Y-Axis zone that have aggregations applied will result in the pill expressing the aggregation type.
- Aggregate data by a second Dimension by dragging another field into the color drop zone.
- Click on Format tab to change labels, format axes, and adjust overall colors.
When a new chart is created, it is automatically added the Report Builder. Hover over the chart name in the lefthand panel and click on the context menu (the three vertical dots) to Remove from Builder. Use the context menu to delete a chart completely or duplicate the chart.
Mode uses query results to create the charts, not the raw underlying data. To build a graph from an entire dataset, select the entire dataset in your SQL query.
Explore charts in the Report View
Users can drag and drop controls to explore the dataset in the report view. Viewers are able to, for example, switch from a monthly view to a daily view, without having to modify SQL or re-run the report.
- From the Report View, click on the expanded view icon in the corner of the chart.
- Drag and drop Dimensions and Measures into the drop zones to explore the dataset.
Please note: data explorations made in the report view are not saved.
Last Updated July 12, 2017